Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cuban Black Bean Soup: Creative Use for Black Beans #3!

Okay, I haven't taken a picture of this yet...because I forgot, AND because it's not so... "pretty."

However, it IS delicious.

Can you tell I'm trying to learn to like beans?? :)

Notes:  The only thing I changed is that I actually ADDED the 1/2 cup of sour cream to the soup, because I didn't read the directions fully.  I like it that way, actually!  (I used the Tofutti sour cream substitute).  I think the website says that adding cheddar, shredded on top, would also be great.

what you need


3
cans (15 oz. each) black beans, undrained, divided

1
can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth, divided

1
onion, chopped

4
cloves garlic, minced

1
Tbsp. ground cumin

2
Tbsp. oil

1
jar (16 oz.) Thick 'N Chunky Salsa

1/2
cup  Sour Cream

make it


BLEND 1 can of beans and half the broth in blender until smooth. Cook and stir onions, garlic and cumin in hot oil in large saucepan on medium heat 3 min. Add bean puree; mix well.
ADD second can of beans and broth to blender; blend until smooth. Add to bean mixture in saucepan with remaining can of beans and salsa; mix well. Bring to boil on medium-high heat; simmer on low heat 15 min., stirring occasionally.
SERVE topped with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment