Monday, April 16, 2012

Cake decorating for the creatively challenged:

Ask anyone in my family:  I am NOT super creative, by any means.  But THIS cake was so easy, even I could do it!!






Direction:
1.  Bake a two layer cake, like my previously-posted chocolate Guinness cake.  Let it cool COMPLETELY, then cut the dome off of one of the cake layers (to make it into the bottom layer).
2.  Frost it.  I made a double batch of the cream cheese frosting from my Guinness cake recipe since I knew I'd need more frosting for the sides of the cake and the top.  While you're at it, add more to the middle...it's prettier that way when you cut into it.
3.  Break a bunch of Kit-Kat bars in half, and stick them to the outside of the cake.
4.  Tie a ribbon around the cake to hold everything together, and to make it super pretty.  :)
5.  Add a bit more frosting to the top to even out the height.
6.  Pour a bunch of M&Ms on top.

Stand back, and wait for all the praise and adoration to come flooding in!




No comments:

Post a Comment