Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fruit baked oatmeal...breakfast of champions!



I had this years ago, when I went to visit my friend Angie up in Bemidji, and I knew it would fast become part of my everyday life.  It totally did.  In fact, when I make a batch I often eat it for the next seven days straight!  It keeps so well in the fridge, and I love being able to pop it in the microwave and have a fruit and baked oatmeal breakfast in seconds flat.



Recipe:
1/2 C oil (I use coconut oil, which gives it a strong coconut flavor unless you use refined coconut oil, or canola oil)
3 C gluten free old fashioned oatmeal
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C sugar
1 banana
1 C coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1+ C chopped fruit (mixed berries are awesome)
1/2 C chocolate chips, if you're feeling naughty...

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix everything together.
3.  Pour in a 7X8 square baking pan.
4.  Bake for 1 hour.
5.  Enjoy!
6.  (You can cut up the pan into 8 long squares, eat one, and save the rest in the fridge.  It keeps beautifully!)




No comments:

Post a Comment