Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The most amazing cauliflower ever...for realzies:



This was so amazing, and so simple.  Truly, the BEST tasting cauliflower I've had in ages.

Method:
1.  Cut up a head of cauliflower.
2.  Line a pan with foil and pre-heat your oven to 425.
3.  Toss your cauliflower in olive oil, salt, and pepper--as much as you like of each.
4.  Toss on the foil-covered pan, and sprinkle some sliced or crushed garlic over it.
5.  Bake in the oven for around 40 minutes.  You want the cauliflower to start caramelizing.
6.  Remove when tender and zest one lime over the pan.
7.  Squeeze the juice of the lime over the pan.
8.  Sprinkle shredded parmesian over the pan.
9.  Add some roasted pine nuts, if you have them...I did not, but that sounds amazing.
10.  Eat, and enjoy.

Note:  I even got my two picky-eater kids to eat this!!!!





Here is the source for this recipe:  http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2008/11/the_best_brocco.html  It's designed for broccoli, so I'll try that soon for sure, but she also has one for cauliflower that I'll do as well:

Cauliflower:
http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2007/08/bring_me_the_he.html

No comments:

Post a Comment